Gratitude

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” — Albert Schweitzer



TRULY GRATEFUL TILL THE END

Into  the sunrise lake of my own sunset
I  shall wade and sink with nary a ripple.
There in the penubra of the dark skyline,
               I shall be, blissfully,
                   nothing again.


Blown  away  by  the worst  wayward winds,
Trapped, stranded in the dreariest doldroms,
I  have stayed  undaunted, kept unshaken
                 the faith in better
                   things to come.


The  heaving  halo of  the partly sunken sun
Now  sends thin shafts  of  shimmering light
That streak through my lengthening shadow.
                 Still, I shall remain
                  grateful and true.
 
-Anonymous

I am grateful today for the journey this year has been, there were times I did not think I could hold my sanity, my tongue or my existence. I am grateful for slowly I find that I can tame them all for they are just a part of me and on their own they are still nothing without me. 
#100daysofbloggin #Day14

No comments:

Post a Comment