and life keeps laughing at me [IV]



This is a story contributed by talented writers and still in its infancy as more writers continue to make it a Novella. Enjoy my little input. Find the other parts here:



  ....
Angel or demon? Which exactly I’m I to them? And what are they to me? Njeru lay facing up. He turned his head left and right, getting a clear picture of those that stood beside him. He wanted to speak, blurt even, yet the words formed like knot in the throat and tightened as he opened his mouth.
He felt sorry; he had been feeling sorry for the longest time, what with the divorce, reuniting and the uncertainty of rebuilding his career.
“I am sorry,”
“Just rest, we will have enough time to talk,” said Sarah
She gave his arm a reassuring squeeze, then wiped tears from his cheek with her palm.
“It will be alright, I am happy you are alive”
This was comforting and his lips tiredly curved into a smile. He felt hoarse and parched; he couldn’t clearly recall his last meal. He tried to remember, playing his memories like a vhs tape in the head. Then it hit him, like a lightning bolt on a rainy day. He shot up in bed and motioned for Mutiso to come closer. The plain ran through him and he clenched at his teeth keeping it at bay.
“What day is it?” He asked
“It is Wednesday Baba Junior,” replied a visibly surprised “Kwa nini?”
 He shifted his gaze to Mutiso and asked
“Dexter! Have you seen my Dexter?”
“I picked him from the seat, I figured it must have been why you came to see me.”
“Angel! Confirmed, you are an angel.’
“What?” Asked Mutiso
“Never mind, I have a few instructions for you regarding Dexter”
He spoke for about a minute uninterrupted giving a brief synopsis of the problem at hand. He also explained to Mutiso that he had until the close of business hours to have the required photos for the competition. It was now fifteen past midday; giving Mots about four hours to perform a miracle. It was not going to be an easy task, and it had been made harder by the fact that Dexter also took a beating in the crash. Mutiso had been tactful enough to avoid making mention of this as he wanted to maintain the feel-good mood of his friend. He shook his hand and wished him luck then turned to leave.
Njeru pulled him back and said
“No, you go with that luck I have all the luck I need with me here.” He pointed at his wife who had been silent and smiled.




May the story continue........

No comments:

Post a Comment