Unemployed


I have my plans!

What plans I ask

My plans,
I know how I’ll do it
You will see
You will all see
All you “doubtsee’s”!
I will show you

But I don’t doubt you
If anything I believe you
I’m only here due to concerns
Concerns I harbour for you
I worry you sleep too much,
You really leave the house
And these plans you say you have,
When exactly do they take effect?

Oh! There it is Mister!

What? What is it I’ve done?

The condescending tone you taking with me
The I’m not good enough attitude you are implying
I’ve heard it all before
Society
My parents
Even my former friends use it
I just placed you above the rest

Why?

Coz I thought you were different
 I thought you saw my plans
And you knew I am headed to greatness

I believe you alright
I just think it’s time you set things straight
You have plans
Plans for greatness plans for life
Plans for everything except
Plans to make your plans work
It is beautiful in your mind
The future you’ve designed
But I can only imagine
And so can the rest
The society
Your parents
And your friends and former friends
They don’t believe your utopia

Do you believe my dreams?

I do, I did, now I want to
They are just bones with no flesh
And I can’t feed odd those
All you do is complain
All you do is have disdain
For people that guide and mentor you
You are becoming a pain
To everyone including yourself
You are eroding away
And rotting with each second you feel abused
Feel oppressed
Feel despised
You are creating a shield
Blocking the important advice you get
And leaving your talents and gifts unspent
You are singing the same song each day
Of finding a way
Yet you lack the simplest of wills to wake
You think you are broken
Seeking for sympathy from all that have spoken
You didn’t even crack let alone break
You are the crop of modern day youth
Who sing of freedom,
Who embrace an unexacting oneness,
Preaching autonomy yet shrouded in dependency.
You are the worst kind of failure
The one that never started
You lost simply because you never fought

Do you abuse me?
Coz I could tell you I’ve done my part
I dressed up and sent the letters out
I applied even when I felt I shouldn’t
I am not the fool you think I am

What are you?

I am a misunderstood youth
Unemployed,
Worried,
And with nothing but sleep as solace

Are you satisfied with that life?
                                             
Hardly,
But I make do
I know soon the sun will shine
Soon my time will come
And I will make hay

How do you suppose you will do that?

My plans!
I have plans,
I know how I’ll do it
You will see
You will all see
All you “doubtsee’s”!
I will show you

5 comments:

  1. but a life planned is a closed life my friend,it can be endured perhaps,it cannot be lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it as a life planned is a life envisaged yet living the plan is the true freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it as a life planned is a life envisaged yet living the plan is the true freedom. thank you for your insight

    ReplyDelete
  4. it then starts with you.the plan has to be for you.do it for you.not just to prove others wrong. You are the priority in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its actually a representation of others not self...but I believe it works the same.

    ReplyDelete